The management and staff at Colaiste Mhuire Johnstown would like to take this opportunity to wish all our Students and their families the very Best of Luck in their Leaving and Junior Cert exams this week.
Please take some time to read the following Check List, which also includes Links to the Exam Timetables for both Leaving & Junior Cert Exams (print friendly versions).
Should you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate in contacting the School Office on 056-8831135.
- Exam number. Don’t forget it!
- Pens/pencils/colouring pencils. Bring enough so you don’t run out but don’t overload your desk with too much. It’ll only distract you.
- Calculator. Don’t forget it and make sure to check your battery power. The last thing you need is for it to die mid-Math exam!
- Watch. It’s important to make sure you are giving yourself enough time for each question and not wasting too much time on questions with little marks so keep an eye on the clock.
- Uniform/clothes. If your school doesn’t have a uniform, make sure you have your clothes ready the night before so you’re not stressing trying to find something to wear the morning of the exam. And pick something comfortable and suited to our tempermental weather!
- Specialist subjects. If you’re doing tech drawing or any of those subjects make sure you have what you need like rulers/compass/protractor/set square etc.
- Water. Bring some water and keep hydrated. Also bring a snack or two to fight any hunger pangs during exams and give you an energy boost.
- Don’t bring tipp-ex. Try not to use correction fluids but rather put a line through a mistake you’ve made as examiners can still take into account any rough work you do. But if you white-it out, it’s of no use to anyone.
- Timetable. It may be lost or crumpled from wear and tear but don’t worry, you can download your Leaving_Certificate_Examination_Leaving_Certificate_Applied_Timetable_2015 and Junior_Certificate_Timetable_2015 (pdf).